Problems with RH 7.0

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Nov 21 09:21:12 UTC 2000

Ralf Funken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tried Martin's tip. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It compiles OK but
> can't configure (doesn't find QT). So the problem remains, I can find a way to
> create and build a project under RH 7 in one go, i.e. without renaming and
> symlinking the compiler. Maybe this is worth a 20pt, bold entry on our homepage?
>
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I can only give you some hints, maybe they could help (maybe you already
had a look at it, then forget this message ;-)):
1) look at config.log: there you find the complete stdout process of
configure.
2) at config.cache you'll find the flags, which are used for the test
compilings
3) there is another method beside --with-qt-dir=:

   export QTINC=<path to the includes of qt>
   export QTLIB=<path to the qt-lib>
   ./configure

   for using KDE 1.x the $QTINC has to point to the path, where
qglobal.h can be found
             KDE 2.x the $QTINC has to point to the path, where qstyle.h
can be found

   $QTLIB has to point to libqt.* to succeed.

If you are using the QTDIR (or --with-qt-dir) method the includes are
tried to be found in $QTDIR/include and the lib is searched in
$QTDIR/lib (and i think this method won't work with RH 7.x)

Of course, all this won't work at all if the problem resides in the gcc,
but if it is only caused by a new directory hierarchy, so top 3 could be
a solution.

Ciao

Walter

--