the past, present and future of KDevelop

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.de
Sat May 13 10:07:39 UTC 2000

On Sat, 13 May 2000 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > In my opinion everyone should first port all important features/documentation
> > > from KDevelop1.2 to KDevelop2,  which he added after the KDevelop1.0beta2
> > > release. I saw John have already started to port his debugger.
> I'm staying with the documentation and i18n. Got a running docbook and jade now
> and the main problem are some links where we didn't use 100% clean sgml code.
> Much has to rewritten, though. I compiled KDevelop 2 on KDE 1, but of course I
> couldn't run it. Could someone please make a list, how to set up a KDE 2 CVS
> version, preferrably in a way I can run both, KDE 1 and 2. ( Just to save me
> some time trying out things)

no problem: :-)

1. start KDE1
2. open a shell ("konsole"), all further work will be done from this shell
3. source a script to set some vars, something like this:
	#!/bin/sh
	export QTDIR=/home/kde2/qt
	export KDEDIR=/home/kde2
	export PATH=/home/kde2/bin:$PATH
 	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/kde2/qt/lib:$KDEDIR/lib
4. start some KDE2 services, look at "startkde" or just start "startkde"
5. now can you start,compile KDevelop2

Ciao!
Sandy

--