Brainstorming the debugger problem

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 20 08:04:26 UTC 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> Ralf Funken wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think we agree that the key problem is to find out where the executable is,
> > so we can call the debugger with it. Maybe it's not so difficult to find out
> > after all. As far as I can see there are only two posssibilities: either it's
> > in the projekt dir or in .libs.
> I use customer kdevelop-projects (with external Makefiles). Our
> binary/shared objects are neither in the project dir or one of its
> subdirs nor in .libs. In a tmake-generated Makefile it's possible to set
> any destination dir. Ours is in a central place (depending on our
> company structure).
>
> In MSVC6.0 it's possible to set the place of debug-target in the project
> file (.dsp). I think KDevelop should handle it in the same way.

Now Falk, I could've guessed you'd be a trouble maker :-))

As you say, sounds like this needs to be added to the debugger options - empty
by default. This will override the program binary found using Ralf F's
suggestion.

Ralf, are you wanting to have a go at doing this? How's your schedule these
days?

See slotStart(...), but note that it's called directly, several times, in
ckdevelop.cpp not via an emit :-)

--
Regards,

jbb