Wrapper shellscript

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Sun Mar 19 14:25:08 UTC 2000

Ralf Funken wrote:

Hi Ralf,

here I am... back from party the so called "fifth season"
(Starkbieranstich ;-).

> Hi,
>
> unfortunately I can't tell when the following problem first occured. KDevelop
> doesn't create the executabe in the right path. Instead it places it in .libs
> and creates a wrapper shellscript. The comments in the script say that not
> everything needed is installed and the exe couldn't be executed standalone. As
> it worked before and I didn't uninstall anything in the meantime, I guess it's
> wrong. If I execute the exe in .libs everything works fine. This happens for
> all kde projects, qt works as usual. I can recreate this behaviour by simply
> creating a new projekt and building it. ( So it's not a problem with any
> special libraries).
>
> I mailed Walter but got no answer, maybe he's on holiday. But I think this
> should be handled asap. Anyone out there who knows enough about these things to
> check it?

Back to the subject...
I have something for you to read about the libtool stuff....

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=94608374119614&w=2

I think we should leave this as it is, but I have a suggestion to
prevent the users from getting trouble using the debugger.
Stephan Kulow is talking in this thread about a configure-switch
--enable-fast-install.

Maybe we should install this switch silently, so the user gets
(devolping inside KDevelop) automatically the binary in the desired
source directory, ready to debug...

Are there some objections from your side??

I had tested it and it would work as far as I can see.

I also mailed this suggestion to Stephan; maybe there´s a reason not to
do so, but if he _and of course you all_ agree, I would implement
this...

Bye

Walter

--