Documentation installation for Debian 2.2 (Potato) binary package.

chcouder christian at alcove.fr
Thu Mar 16 10:18:43 UTC 2000

Hi Walter,

"W. Tasin" wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> I don't know how debian packaging works, but if you want to know how the
> determination of pathes _for KDE 1.x_ will be done, here is the answer:
>
> acinclude.m4(.in) runs the following application (if the pathes aren't
> already written in the config.cache):
> ----
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <kapp.h>
>
> int main() {
>     printf("kde_htmldir=\\"%s\\"\n",
> KApplication::kde_htmldir().data());
>     printf("kde_appsdir=\\"%s\\"\n",
> [...]

> KApplication::kde_partsdir().data());
>     printf("kde_servicesdir=\\"/tmp/dummy\\"\n");
>     printf("kde_servicetypesdir=\\"/tmp/dummy\\"\n");
>     return 0;
>     }
> ---
>
> You can see if it is done in this way if configure reports:
>
> checking for KDE paths... compiling
>
> So it is guaranteed that a package uses the same pathes as a kdelib-call
> would determine (and that makes it also clear why a simple deletion of
> the files in the HTML dir wouldn't work here... your KDE is configure
> with this HTML-path)

Ok, so the kdelib probably changed. In one version of the kdelib,
KApplication::kde_htmldir() returns /usr/share/doc/HTML and in another version it
returns /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML.

I hope they don't change it too often, because it means that all the packages need to
be updated.

> So take care if you would override this value by either
> --disable-path-check
> or/and by doing
> make kde_htmldir="/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML"

I won't. I will update the kdelib to the latest version instead, and make the package
with it.

Thanks for your help.

Christian.