[Fwd: kdevelop.cpp]

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 27 13:47:02 UTC 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, John Birch wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> > > general. As I said before if one wants to change from dockwidgets to
> > > another GUI design, he/she have to change all involved parts, in the
> > > worst case, basically.
> >
> > No. The parts are only creating a widget with a parent given as argument
> > to the create() method of the factory. They don't know anything about
> > window management or dock widgets. They don't even know that a class
> > KDevelop exists!
> >
> > Bernd.
>
> What about parts that have multiple widgets? What would the code look like
> for that?

Mmh, an alternative to using different parts would be to introduce a
signal widgetCreated(QWidget *w, PositionHint) which the part emits
for each created widget. In that case you couldn't create widgets
in the part constructor because at that time the signal isn't
connected, but why not? It would also make the use of KParts::Part
a bit questionable, because the method widget() wouldn't be
meaningful.

Bernd.