[Fwd: kdevelop.cpp]

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 08:33:40 UTC 2000

Hi!

John Birch wrote:

> So, are we arguing a philosophical viewpoint, rather than a technical
> implementation problem ?

Yep. The technical problems are depending on those things.

> Doesn't the centralised approach mean that every window must be "created" by
> kdevelop - that doesn't feel right to me.

It means the inner view widgets (ClassView, BreakPointManager,...) are created
by every part itself. But they are docked together centralized, no part does not
know nothing about docking, that's why dockwidgets are created centralized
(class KDevelop), not in the parts.

> Hmm, what to do. We could do with a whiteboard, a few cold beers, and a
> summer's afternoon, in the same room :-)

Summer is here. Or we must wait until December. The beer is always cold in
Germany ;-)

--

Ciao,
--Falk