kdevelop.cpp

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 26 09:00:45 UTC 2000

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> I inserted code to kdevelop.cpp and you simply disable and bridge it in
> cvs. This is not the fine English way-of-life. ;-(

Hmm, I bridged it because it is necessary to get parts
running. You hardcoded names of objects. This is neither
necessary nor wanted in the KParts approach. If a part
isn't installed, then no dockwidget for it should be
created. If the user added a part he wrote himself, it
should automatically be embedded. If I knew what you
wanted to achieve I could have found a way to integrate
it, but for the testing of parts a working framework is
needed, so I had to work around it.

The same applies for the growing number of hardcoded
kdevelopui.rc paths.

> Furthermore your approach for the initialization of dockwidgets is not
> right.

What is not right? :-)

Bernd.