kdevelop/kdevelop/lib

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 23 21:04:39 UTC 2000

> In environments like koffice or konqueror where you have multiple parts
> and where it's important to deal with different activation/deactivation
> states of parts, partmanager does a good job ;-) . However one can, as
> stated above, use parts without a partmanager. (whereas use==embed, show
> the gui, etc. ) .

Ah, that's what I was missing. But there is a problem: How do
I add everything to the main window's gui factory? If I add
the components before the main window itself, they open up
strange top level items in the menu bar (well, not surprising...).
If I add the main window followed by the components, all items
get doubled, probably because the main window is added once again
in createGUI(). To do it properly, there seems to be a hook missing
just in the middle of createGUI() ;-)

Bernd.