New Machines

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jun 18 12:09:21 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> > So please send me the dates of your current development machine (CPU,
> > RAM, HD). I will collect this and forward it to SCO so they can choose
> > you for a new machine if they have the means available in their
> > marketing department ;-)
>
> This is excellent news - My machines are fairly recent and the distance is
> too great - so I might as well pass.
>
> However, I'll love to see the results of you guys getting together for a
> "workshop" on kdevelop. Because of cost I'll not make that (however much I'd
> love to), but you could send pictures and the code :-)
Well, I *asked* them for a meeting of the KDevelop developers but that
would get too expensive for a weekend if we could get machines for the
money, so a meeting will probably happen on the next KDE developer days
(KDE meetings). Otherwise we´re meeting each other on the exhibitions
reguarly, at least I got to know some of the KDE developers last year
and this year...and again in two weeks in Stuttgart (LinuxTag) and in
October at the LinuxWorld expo in Frankfurt, Germany where I´ll be as
well. The money doesn´t last for a full holiday, so I´ll better get to
work on some PR on exhibitions ;-) BTW: I´ll get a chance to hold a
second presentation in Stuttgart besides the one at ID-Pro.

Ralf
--
Maintainer's Motto: If we can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email: rnolden at kdevelop.de