class KDevelop

John Birch John.Birch at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 16 09:39:35 UTC 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Am Fre, 16 Jun 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > Hmmm,
> >
> > That's KDockMainWindow not DockMainWindow - right?
> >
> > but these classes are defined as
> > class KDockMainWindow : public KTMainWindow
> > class KParts:MainWindow : public KTMainWindow, virtual public PartBase
> >
> > and we want
> > class CKDevelop : public KDockMainWIndow, public KParts::MainWindow
> >
> > but that gives us two instances of KTMainWindow - which would be
> > incorrect
> >
> > You'd need
> > class KDockMainWindow : public virtual KTMainWindow
> > class KParts:MainWindow : public virtual KTMainWindow, virtual public
> > PartBase
>
> As I wrote the only solution would be (in my opinion :-)) a copy of
> KDockMainWindow in KDevelop which inherits KParts::MainWindow because we
> can't change the inheritence in kdelibs and multiple inheritence isn't
> possible.:-( If we can't have 2 classes with the same name in one "address
> space", one in the binary and one in the libs maybe we could rename the
> KDockMainWindow class?

Sorry Sandy - I missed the "copy" bit. Thought we were talking of changes in
the kdelibs to do this. Adding this to our sources would work, of course, but
Falk worked so hard to get the dock stuff into kdelibs it would be a shame
not to use it. :-)

My objections arn't unyielding  - but I'm sure you guys will come up with a
much better solution by the time I wake up tommorrow :-)

jbb