Using ktexteditor in kdevelop

Christian Couder christian at alcove.fr
Wed Jun 7 15:01:54 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2000, you wrote:
>
> > I wanted to hack this soon, but first I wanted to make sure that kdevelop
> > would work if the kwrite cvs directory in kdevelop is replaced by a link to
> > the kdebase/kwrite cvs directory. Because that's what Simon Hausmann, Ralf
> > and I agreed to do.
>
> I don't see a need to worry about this at the moment - we're too far from any
> sort of code merge for it to impact us.

I think we need to finish to hack the ktexteditor interface as soon as possible
because we got an exception this time, but we will perhaps not keep it for a
long time. The next big freeze will be in about 1 month, so we should try to
freeze the ktexteditor at that time.

And I thought it was easier to make kdevelop work with the kwrite in kdebase
first and then to hack the ktexteditor interface. But as you already hacked the
ktexteditor, perhaps it is easier to hack it right now.

> > Perhaps if you commit your hack now, then Simon can setup the link just
> > after your commit, so that I don't need to hack kdevelop to make it work
> > with the kdebase/kwrite. This would perhaps save a lot of time.
>
> Oh no - this stuff is not for committing :-) It's purely experimental - a
> good testbed for the editor part.

Ok, so send me your patch, I will work on it, and I hope we will be able to
commit it soon.

Bye,
Christian.