error due latest KDE2 changes

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.de
Tue Jun 6 07:15:55 UTC 2000

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sandy Meier wrote:
> > > I use the "qt-copy" modul from the KDE cvs.  I don't know whether it is
> > > 2.1 or 2.1.1.
> >
> > 2.1.1
> >
> > >Maybe you have problems with the jpeg libs or something else? In
> > > KDevelop1 this was often the reason for mysterious segfaults. :-(
>
> It runs again ;-)  Sorry for the trouble, I did a new compile yesterday
> evening after updating KDE CVS and it works.

At startup, I've just had problem in

void DocBrowserView::resizeEvent (QResizeEvent *e){
//  QextMdiChildView::resizeEvent(e);
  KHTMLView* view=browser->view();                  --> crash
  view->resize(e->size());
//  browser->resize(e->size());
}

Problem is caused because the DocBrowserView constructor can call resize
before browser gets initialised. (resize() can be called in "browser = new
CDocBrowser(this,name);")

Doesn't happen very often but luckily I was in the debugger at the time :-)

I've a fix for this on my HD. Perhaps this might  have been your segfault.

Later,

jbb