Fwd: Kdevelop Bug

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Jan 29 21:38:17 UTC 2000

FYI.

----------  forwarded message  ----------
Subject: Kdevelop Bug
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:41:48 -0600 (CST)
From: Johnny Wales <wales001 at aristotle.bomis.com>

Hello! I found a mildly obscure little bug in KDevlelop beta 3 that's
merely a minor annoyance, but I thought I should let you know anyway.

Reproducing the bug:
1> Start Kdevelop
2> Iconify it (?Might not be nessecary for replicating the bug, but this
is how it happened)
3> Close X (k-menu, logout)
4> Restart X

As you're restarting X, the KDevelop splash screen comes up (as one might
expect) but it -stays- up, and nothing seems to fix it except closing
Kdevelop altogether.

Now, the splash screen stays 'stuck' to the desktop, which is to say that
when I open Netscape or a terminal window, the splash screen is behind the
new window. But, when you put away all the other windows, there's the
Kdevelop splash screen.

--Johnny Wales

Oregon, n.:
	Eighty billion gallons of water with no place to go on Saturday
night.
--
email: smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de  ICQ: 27681958
the KDevelop project: http://www.kdevelop.org