CVS problems: @LIBDL@ and LEXLIB

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Sat Jan 29 14:44:14 UTC 2000

Christian Couder wrote:

> > My old computer has a Mandrake 6.1 and my new one (on which I compile now) a
> > Slackware 7.0.
>
> Oh - That's interesting - maybe it's a slackware problem?
>
> > > It works okay here, but I did a
> > > make -f kde_dir/kde-common/admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean
> >
> > I don't understand this command because on my Slackware the kde directory is
> > /opt/kde and there is no "kde-common" directory inside.
> > Did you get kde from cvs?
> >
> > Should I get kde from cvs to compile kdevelop?
>
> Here's the file.
> It's from the kde-common module in cvs, and it's really handy to have. It
> completely cleans your directories of non-cvs files, if your directories have
> been created from a cvs checkout. (I also have a perl script for cvsup as well)
>
> It always gets rid of compiling problems caused by left over files, especially
> when the "make" system changes. Walter did a lot of changes to the current
> kdevelop the other night, so I thought that might be the problem you're
> running into.
>
> However, Slackware 7.0 Hmmm. Try this first, so that you're completely clean,
> and cross your fingers.:-)

Thanks, I tryed this but it didn't solve my problem.
I get the same error message

boubydev:~/kdevelop# make -f Makefile.cvs
aclocal -I .
autoheader
automake
kdevelop/Makefile.am:53: variable `LIBLEX' not defined
make: *** [all] Error 1
boubydev:~/kdevelop#

But now I cannot run ./configure any more because there is no such file.

I tryed to rename my /usr/bin/lex file with no result.

Bye,
Christian.