CVS problems: @LIBDL@ and LEXLIB

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 28 06:33:56 UTC 2000

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Christian Couder wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I made a cvs update on the KDEVELOP_1_0 branch this evening and now I
> > cannot compile kdevelop any more.
> > I deleted my config.cache and done a "make clean" but I still have the
> > same problems:
> Delete those files which cause problems and cvs-update them again. Does
> it help?

Hi Falk,

I deleted kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am and did a cvs-update which
downloaded a new kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am but the problem is still the
same.

There is a "$(LEXLIB)" in kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am and this variable
is not defined on my machine so make fails when I type "make -f
Makefile.cvs" with:

kdevelop/Makefile.am:53: variable `LEXLIB' not defined
make: *** [all] Error 1

There is also a "$(LIBDL)" in kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am after the
"$(LEXLIB)" and this variable is also not defined on my machine.

Are $LEXLIB and $LIBDL defined on your machine?
What are these variables for?

When I edit my kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am to remove these variables and
"make -f Makefile.am" works but "make" don't.
I get the following errors:

./kdlgedit/libkdlgedit.a(kdlgedit.o): In function
`loadKDlgLdrLibrary(void)'
kdlgedit.o(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `dlopen'
kdlgedit.o(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `dlerror'
kdlgedit.o(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `dlsym'

Thanks for the help anyway,

Bye,
Christian.