KDE 2 frameapps work & editor popup bug

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 20 17:14:05 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I got kdevelop 1.1 to work with kde2 & qt2 apps now and will commit this
in a few minutes. The path to your kde2 and qt2 dirs have to be set in
the
KDevelop Setup dialog and you're done.

One error might occur in the following situation (I experienced that
myself until I found out how to do it):

In all circumstances, you have to compile your kde2 libs with
--prefix=/  different to your existing kde1 installation. I e.g. had
just compiled them with no option, renamed my kde1 installation and made
a symlink to it from /opt/kde. Then created another dir, e.g.kde2 and
when I did a make install for kde2, I just resetted the link to the kde2
directory, so I can switch between 1 and 2 by changing the link. This
doesn't work because the linker relies on the dependency the libs were
compiled (the prefix directory), so this solution worked for switching
between the installations and for compiling kde2 apps, but not with
linking and executing kde2 apps.

Again: be sure to have kde2 compiled with the prefix pointing to the
real directory.
I will add a good page to the documentation the next days when the mdi
stuff is also completed and in kdevelop1.1

Ralf Funken, I will mail you the day before I want to edit the
documentation and ask where you are working at as well as telling you
where I want to work, so we don't interfere.

The editor also has a bug with the popup menu due to the
bookmark/breakpoint snippet on the left- the popup appears too much on
the left of the mouse position just as much as the bookmark ruler is
wide. Could some expert of that part look for that ? It's really
annoying if you're using RBM often.
In the browser window, everything is still ok and the popup comes on the
right place.

Have fun,

Ralf