Revised - revised kdevelop 1.1 release schedule

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 13 16:36:30 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Ralf Funken wrote:
>
> > Am Son, 13 Feb 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > That's probably a problem with kdoc 1 vs. kdoc 2. When using kdoc 2,
> > > KDevelop has to be configured with --enable-kdoc2. The README contains
> > > this warning already. BTW, does Red Hat ship with kdoc?
> > >
> > > Bernd.
> > I use kdoc2 with kdevelop and it works alright. There's a problem with the
> > crossreferences though. Walter told me that is because kdoc2 uses xml for the
> > .kdoc files.
>
> Which problem?
>
> Bernd.

I think there are two different problems:

1) the bug #2683 which is a argument problem calling kdoc2

2) The problem I told Ralf is about the problem using kdelibdocs or kdk
(which has a pregenerated KDoc1 kdoc-reference) with a --enable-kdoc2
version of kdevelop...
which wouldn't work together properly...
Unfortunately both references (KDoc1 & KDoc2) have the same extensions
i.e. .kdoc...
but the layout of these references has changed completely... so
kdevelop's configure finds kdecore.kdoc (version 1) even if it was
activated with --enable-kdoc2

kdoc1-reference is only a one-line-list, kdoc2 ... something like xml
(as I can see from Bernd´s code part for KDOC2) and it seems that kdoc 2
can only work with kdoc2-references.

But I will have a look at it... maybe an --enable-kdoc2 switch for
kdelibdocs will solve this problem...

Bye

Walter

PS: Bernd, maybe you have these problem since your system finds always
the kdoc2-reference?

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)