kdevelop2.0

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 22:55:50 UTC 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Richard Dale wrote:
> > One minor problem I've encountered, is ClassTreeItem::scopedText() assumes that
> > the scope operator is '::' for C++. The class tree should only deal with the
> > canonical form with '.'s, and leave formatting of the class scope path to
> > cppsupport, javasupport etc.
>
> Feel free to change that :-)
Yes - but the recent discussion about multiple class viewer instances is
relevant to implementing this. If you wanted to have one class viewer per
language, it might be a better design to subclass ClassTreeItem::scopedText()
for each language type.

I would prefer the class viewer to be a generic design, with different languages
distiguished by special namespaces at the top level, and the 'parsedMethod'
classes in the xxxsupport parts for each language responsible for formatting
the scope path and appearance for a method.

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«