Bug Tracking for KDevelop 2

Ivan Hawkes linuxgroupie at ivanhawkes.com
Tue Dec 12 23:31:21 UTC 2000

Well here's a version of the bug tracking part that is almost (so close now)
integrated into the framework. I have decided to not bother with having a
widget, since my component only handles one screen, and needs only add a menu
item and a toolbar button. I have provided a slot in the component which will
respond to the menu command by creating the buglist editor.

The source code is provided in a file called buglist.tar.gz which I am
uploading to the ftp://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/incoming/ I would appreciate if
one of the developers with write access could add it into the cvs repository
under parts/buglist.

Then all that need be done (I'd do it myself if I had write access, hint,
hint) is to amend the configure.in.in and add the directory to the parts
Makefile.am

As it stands, the component is just creating a window when it setupUI is
called. I tried like mad to find out how to amend the menu, but it just
didn't work for me. This is one of the reasons I am uploading it now, instead
of waiting till it is perfect. I am hoping someone out there can point out
what secret voodoo I haven't done in order to get the KAction to create my
menu item.

Also, I haven't gotten around to working out how to grab the configuration
info I need from the shared config files, so there is some hard coded
behaviour (filename, and my user id stuff) which needs to be changed over.
I'll get that done ASAP.

There are a number of other things to do on it too, but they're coming.

P.S. That tut on adding a part is coming ;->

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«