What next?

Ivan Hawkes linuxgroupie at ivanhawkes.com
Tue Dec 12 19:32:31 UTC 2000

On Monday 11 December 2000  6:36 am, you wrote:
> > Do I have to do a make install each time to test my work?
>
> The dynamic libraries are taken from $KDE2DIR/lib. That's why make install
> accordingly with changes there.
>
> > This seems odd. Is
> > there a way to set the project up so it executes the latest compiled
> > version of my code, rather than me having to make install all the time?
>
> the binary (kdevelop) itself can be started from KDevelop itself by
> clicking "Execute" or "Debug". It will start the local version, not the one
> in $KDE2DIR/bin, you know.

Now that I know where it was grabbing the files from on loadup it is a simple
matter to do a make install once, then delete my file and replace with a
symlink to my development version. Nice. Pity I have to do it each time I
make install, but it's a step in the right direction.

Now, time to forge on and discover the mystery of "how to modify the menu".
The truths in there somewhere. Then I can lay this bug tracking feature to
rest (almost) and start pitching in with the real work ;->

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«