kdevelop2.0

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Tue Dec 12 17:59:34 UTC 2000

On Montag, 11. Dezember 2000 20:58, you wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, John Birch wrote:
> > Because the component pointers are held in the component base class, then
> > every component "knows" about the other components.
>
> No it doesn't. Each component just knows the 'KDevApi' which is
> a set of interfaces (which is at the same time a set of DCOP
> interfaces) that are needed to process the bread & butter tasks
> an IDE must perform.

I agree, I think a handful of know interfaces are essential to get an
efficient IDE. If we don't know the components which implements such
interfaces we don't need special interfaces at all, or? Nevertheless the
components can be exchanged and many components don't know others at the
moment. The grepview doesn't know the projectview for instance.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace. (Albert Schweitzer)

-