kdevelop2.0

John Birch John.Birch at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 11 20:53:26 UTC 2000

Ah, I see

I'm a bit busy to concentrate on this as you can guess, but this fixes the
interfaces at the framework level, and I still disagree with that approach.

However, it is worlds better that the previous code, and I could live with
this.

So... It would be nice to know where you are going with this. Having
introduced DCOP calls at the component level. I assume you are expecting
calls from external sources to manipulate the components? Or what other
reason did you introduce this? I don't know much about DCOP (but will have to
by the looks of it) Or to put it another way - how do you see the whole
system unfolding?

jbb

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:58, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, John Birch wrote:
> > Because the component pointers are held in the component base class, then
> > every component "knows" about the other components.
>
> No it doesn't. Each component just knows the 'KDevApi' which is
> a set of interfaces (which is at the same time a set of DCOP
> interfaces) that are needed to process the bread & butter tasks
> an IDE must perform. There are a number of parts that bring
> the user to a certain location in a certain file. This is
> something that must be centralized in exactly _one_ part,
> not less than one, not more than one. It's the same for other
> interfaces: For compiled languages, you need one component
> that starts the compiler and displays its output.
>
> Bernd.
>

> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«