KDevelop 2.0 Objective-c support, progress report

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 10 13:32:23 UTC 2000

I've spent today getting Objective-C working with KDevelop 2.0. I have added a
KDE Objective-C ProjectSpace kpart, and an Objective-C appwizard plugin. It now
parses Objective-C source and header files, and they appear ok in the class
browser. I left the 'programmingLanguage()' attribute of the project space to
"C++", so Objective-C can just use the standard GNU compiler and linker without
needing to change anything.

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Richard Dale wrote:
>I would
>say adding 'elegant interfaces' for alien language support might be more work
>than 'just doing it'.
No, I was talking rubbish! It took no longer than it would have done to change
KDevelop 1.2. I like this KParts/KTrader xml everywhere stuff - it's a really
nice dynamic programming environment. So no questioning quotes needed on the
words 'elegant interfaces'  - they are elegant interfaces in my opinion.

I haven't studied the code enough yet to comment on jbb's review of the KParts
event handling stuff.

-- Richard