kdevelop1.4 (aka kdevelop1.3port)

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Wed Dec 6 22:08:59 UTC 2000

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:04, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> John Birch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have patch3 avaialble but uploading doesn't work for me at the moment.
> > If you want it, then just ask. It's only 20k zipped
> >
> > More importantly, is the kdevelop dialog editor wanted in this port? I
> > think it would be best to cut it out and replace with qt designer
> > exclusively. (ie the "switch to the dialogeditor" button would just fire
> > up qt designer instead) This would remove a lot of problems in the code,
> > particularly with the statusbar and menus, which are being difficult to
> > convert.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > jbb
>
> Yes, I thought about that, too. Well, replacing it with designer is
> another thing. We could just leave out the switch button and menu entry
> and throw the dialog editor out.

Good, I'll remove the dialog editor. I'll leave the button in and do a
KRun(whateverTheSyntaxIsToRunQtDesigner) when someone presses that button.
can removed if we don't like it later. (You wouldn't believe how much this
simplifies the port :-)

> Ahh...and yes, I´d like to have the patch, please ;)
Should be in you in-box now...

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«