Problems with MDI Template of KDevelop 1.3beta1

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Dec 3 19:43:49 UTC 2000

Pascal Francq wrote:

> Hi,
> There are some problems concerning the MDI template with KDevelop 1.3beta1.
>
> 1°) In the function "eventFilter", you must replace the line
>         if(event->type() == QEvent::Close)
> by the line
>         if((event->type() == QEvent::Close)&&((TmpApp*)object!=this))
> because this functin is also called when the MDI window is close and then the
> TmpView pointer and cassting has no meaning -> memory error.

Bonjour Pascal !

Thanks for that hint. I´ve been searching for ages why that didn´t work.
I hope that I get this into CVS right now and that it isn´t too late for
the packaging. Sandy, could you please test this before packaging 1.3 ?
Thanks

> 2°) In the "rc" file, you must delete </menu> and add a "/" at the end of the
> <action> tag for the window menu.
Done as well.

> 3°) When running CreateGUI, I have the following output:
>         fatal parsing error: unexpected end of file in line 1
>         fatal parsing error: error while parsing prolog in line 1
>         Parsing error.
Get that as well, but only when starting from inside kdevelop, it
doesn´t appear when starting the app from a console, so there must be
something that prevents a correct location or whatever - maybe the
kdedir is not set correctly.

> whatever the file I used as rc (also files that are handle good by SDI KDE2
> programs).
> Have someone an idea for this last problem, because I need to add menus to my
> application and I can't.

Thanks again,

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org