1.2 vs 2.0, Cage match!

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 15:37:43 UTC 2000

Hi,

Riyad Kalla wrote:

> under changelog section on the kdevelop.org
> webpage you've had "1.2" and "2.0" sections listed since almost before 1.2
> was released, has 2.0 of KDevelop been in the works/planned for that long,
> every before/with 1.2 on the plate?
1.2 is a KDE1 application (requiring their libraries), 2.0 will be a
KDE2 application (requiring KDE2 libraries).
Most work has been done for the 2.0 version recently but still it will
take some _months_ because of big internal changes.
Nevertheless the 1.2 version is open for bugfixes because we will have a
bigger time gap until 2.0.

> ( Maybe in sync with KDE 2.0 release? )
No.

> P.S.> Just keep thinking "Java" support :)
We need a Java guru for that stuff...

Bye,
  F at lk