Shared Lib support...

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Sat Apr 8 20:07:30 UTC 2000

Hello developers,

I've finished a little patch which allows KDevelop users to change
a static lib inside a kdevelop project to a shared lib (and vice-versa).

I´ve tested it and it work fine AFAICS.
But this is a new feature, so I didn´t commit it... it´s up to you now
how we include it (either as patch or as commitment).

You can obtain the patch on:
ftp://ftp.e-technik.fh-muenchen.de/pub/unix/ide/sharedlib_patch

How does it work?

It works with the RFV, create a static lib for your project by adding a
folder and insert or add source files to it.

Now you can click with the right mouse button on the folder of the RFV
and you can change the static lib to a shared lib.
This changes the Makefile.am of this directory.
(published HEADER files - which would describe the functionality of the
shared lib - have to be included manually)

The last Makefile.am will be saved as Makefile.am.old.
That´s all!

Another additional functionality:
Update Makefile.am/Update all Makefile.am ... these functions do
repatching the KDevelop specific part of the Makefile.am or all .ams.

Info for translators:
about 4 new messages for the RFV popup menu.

So now it's up to you... ;-)
Let me know how we should continue with this patch and how it would work
for you ...

Ciao

Walter
--