Bug#1859: marked as done (shell commands at wrong directory [16:45,31.08.99])

Stephan Kulow owner at bugs.kde.org
Thu Sep 2 12:33:01 UTC 1999

Your message dated Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:22:22 +0200
with message-id <99090214224002.00604 at ati11>
and subject line (no subject)
has caused the attached bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I'm
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Stephan Kulow
(administrator, KDE bugs database)

Received: (at submit) by bugs.kde.org; 31 Aug 1999 13:58:02 +0000
>From magi at magi.yok.utu.fi Tue Aug 31 15:58:02 1999
Received: from magi.yok.utu.fi ([]:54280 "EHLO magi.yok.utu.fi")
	by max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de with ESMTP id <S742466AbPHaN5w>;
	Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:57:52 +0200
Received: (from magi at localhost)
	by magi.yok.utu.fi (8.9.3/8.9.3) id RAA06013
	for submit at bugs.kde.org; Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:01:36 -0400
Date:   Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:01:36 -0400
From:   Marko =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=F6nroos?= <magi at magi.yok.utu.fi>
Message-Id: <199908312101.RAA06013 at magi.yok.utu.fi>
To:     submit at bugs.kde.org
Subject: shell commands at wrong directory [16:45,31.08.99]
Return-Path: <magi at magi.yok.utu.fi>
X-Orcpt: rfc822;submit at bugs.kde.org

Package: kdevelop
Version: 1.0beta2
Severity: critical

Bugreport ID : 16:45,31.08.99

Originator	: Marko Grönroos
E-Mail	: magi at iki.fi

Subject : shell commands at wrong directory

Error Class	: software bug
Error Location: I don´t know
Priority	: high
Bug Description ---------------------------

I get the kdevelop started, and a project created. But then,
all autoconf, automake,  configure, gmake and other
commands that are run fail.
  Is just writes:

aclocal: couldn't open 'configure.in': No such file or directory

...and same with other commands. The reason is that it tries
to execute the commands in the HOME directory, not in
the project directory. I tested this by copying the configure.in 
file to my home directory.

I am using bash, so this shouldn't be the tcsh problem.
  I had similar problems with kdevelop 0.4, but I think that was
the tcsh problem.

I got kdevelop working nicely with kde1.1.1pre2 that
came with RH6.0. But then I upgraded to kde1.1.1-rh6
(which DOES have some strange things such as
missing kvt), and compiled kdevelop1.0beta2 again,
but now it doesn't work anymore.

How to repeat the error -------------------

I don't know.

Bugfix or Workaround ----------------------

System Information ------------------------

KDevelop version	: 1.0beta2
KDE version		: 1.1.1rh6.0
QT version		: 1.44
OS/Distribution	: Linux 2.2.12, RedHat6.0
Compiler		: egcs

More information about the KDevelop-devel mailing list