Fwd: KDevelop in Madrid

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Nov 13 20:00:44 UTC 1999

Hi!

Nice story from Antonio, who was giving a KDE conference on Madrid. He wrote
about KDevelop:

People were _very_ impressed by it (why that doesn't surprise me ? :-) )
Also, in a spanish linux newsgroup, someone who was at the talk (I don't know
who is he) even posted a mail telling people how wonderful it is.

The main paragraph of the report is:

I only had one complaint, it was a guy who told me that he preffered to
develop using GNOME over KDE because KDE people seemed like an elite, with
everything looking very proffesional, and "too well", so we look as
we are a closed group that don't let anyone come in and join us
(later, when I showed kdevelop with the integrated debugger patch, he
even said : "you see ! normal people can't do that !, that can't be done
by free developers !", which I answered with a : "what do you bet?" and
everyone laughted :-) ) .

I think he changed his opinion :-)

Greetings and congratulations again.

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
Student of Mathematics
antlarr at arrakis.es        larrosa at kde.org
http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa
Klein bottles for rent -- inquire within.