New release

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jun 28 21:34:57 UTC 1999

Jonas Nordin wrote:

> I think we need to make a 0.4.1 release to resolve many of the problems people
> are having with the classparser. All bugreports I currently have looked at are
> fixed in the CVS-sources.
>
> /J

Hi all,

I think we should first finish all things- a new 0.4.1 would be nice but
not a must be due to KDE 1.1.2.

As this will probably be the last kde 1.x series release and kde 2
support will be a lot of work for us, I tend more to agree with Sandy
for a quick KDevelop 1.0 release. I saw several users saying that we
can't be very far due to the release number below zero. Aware of the
fact that software always will contain bugs in one or the other way and
restrictions in regards to features, I would say that we should fix
everything that has to be done like some minor things that Sandy wanted
to do and that I will get finished with the handbooks until the KDE
release. As KDevelop will be a part of that, we only have to take care
of the dialog library inclusion into the KDE libs if possible and
collecting translations for the handbooks if available. I'm working only
to get the german versions finished and I won't come to do the planned
changes to the grep. It's already very usable as it is and we could
leave it as it is.

-get KDevelop 1.0 ready within 4 weeks - then publish on the same day as
KDE 1.1.2

Todo:
-virtual functions dialog and database questions ?
-tutorials and german translation
-Sandy's features planned ?

I think that works out for us and the users.

what do the others think ?

Ralf