A-N-N-O-U-N-C-E: QextMDI-0.4 out now!

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 14:07:56 UTC 1999

Hi Qt-programmers,

This is an  A-N-N-O-U-N-C-E  email!!!
QextMDI library version 0.4 (alpha) is out now!!!
Now Qt programmers can easily create MDI applications using this
library for free!!!
DOWNLOAD:
unix users:  http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi-0.4.tgz
win32 users: http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi-0.4.zip

What is QextMDI?
================
- C++ GUI library extending Troll Tech´s Qt
- Because it only depends on Qt2.00 it works on all systems supported
  by Qt

- programmed by Falk Brettschneider (gigafalk at yahoo.com) in 1999
- based on the MDI system belonging to kvirc, an Internet Relay Chat
  application of Szymon Stefanek (stefanek at tin.it)

- gives Qt programmers the ability to create "MDI" applications
- consists of a set of C++ classes linked to a dynamic runtime library
  and you can use these classes in your project to get MDI look and
  style.
- is under the LGPL (see the license), which means you can use it under
  this license and you can take part on its development, change and
  improve it.
- qextmdi means:
    Qt-extension for MDI

Web page (for further details):
===============================
http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm

Changes:
========
Changes from 0.3 to 0.4
=======================
- Now 2 layout themes: If _OS_WIN32_ is defined, QextMDI will look
  like MSWindows. Otherwise it will look like KDE.
- A childframe window has got a system menu
  (that's why icon handling changed)
- The "Window" menu has changed completely, MSWindows-like
  (unix doesn't give a hint). 4 new functions: switching between
  "Toplevel mode" and "Childframe mode", "Close All Views"
  and "Close View".
- Interface changed for public QextMdiMainFrm::addWindow(...)
- Serveral bugs fixed: shakin'windows effect, menuitem concept mistake,
  minor ones...

Keep the idea of
taking the best of both worlds!

Falk Brettschneider                             Dresden, 9/Dec/1999
(http://www.yahoo.com/gigafalk)

--

Ciao,
--Falk