KDevelop Beta2, KDK and KDevelop 1.x/2.x

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 17 12:50:00 UTC 1999

Hi!

I know that many of us are in vacations/holidays, but maybe someone read this
and have some ideas.

As you maybe know the KDE team is planning to release KDE 1.(1).2  on
30. August 1999. With this release also a KDK (KDE Development  Kit) will be
shipped  with
KDevelop,
KDbg,
KTranslator,
kdoc,
ksgml2html and
a kdelibsdoc package.

But now my questions.  What version of KDevelop should we ship with KDE
1.(1).2?. What are the next milestones in the KDevelop future?

I would prefer following roadmap:

-Next monday we will release KDevelop 1.0Beta2  and include this version into
the KDK.
-make a branch in CVS-tree (KDEVELOP1.0 and HEAD) and try to port KDevelop to
the dockwidget. (Walter and I have some time next week :-) )
-port KDevelop to Qt2.0/KDE 2.0
-after this we should have an IRC chat for further development
(KOM/CORBA and some other stuff, you know. :-) )

What do you think? Is this ok?

Ciao!

Sandy