Fwd: Bug Report

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Aug 7 08:23:22 UTC 1999

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> >Despite there are some minor issues I found:
> >- the CVS chapter of the user guide isn´t present in the tree view
>
> Well, this is because the german version doesn't include this chapter!?
I wanted to reply that, too. As the german docs are not finished yet and
the KDE release comes closer, I already asked if non-complete
documentation translation shouldn't be installed at all, only the
English originals.

Bernd, could we also use the book's name instead of a translation for
the book icons ?

> >- the help text is too wide. I have to scroll to see the whole width, it
> >should wrap around at the window border
>
> My impression is that this is because the HTML widget is forced
> to make wide pages if the examples (which are set in fixed font
> and which are not wrapped) are wide. Perhaps it would be an idea
> to split some of the example code over multiple lines, so they
> can be viewed conveniently with 800x600 resolution. Ralf?
I found that happening sometimes and edited the code before the release
to make it look better. As this (maybe) gets printed and the postscript
version has to look right as well, I tried to make it consitstent for
the page with in the printed output.

I will have anohter look at it.

Ralf