Debian packaging for gideon

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 10:56:49 UTC 1904

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 10:06 pm, you wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I will be adding debian packaging support to gideon shortly. KDEVELOP_1_4
> branch has a debian subdir but it's not available in the development
> branch. I will name the packages gideon-* instead of kdevelop-* so that
> they can be clearly distinguished from the stable version. When a release
> that will replace kdevelop-2.0 is made, I will rename the packages back to
> kdevelop. I plan to make it into debian proper, too.
i would prefer you work with me on this because there is already a framwork
in place for tgz and rpm support in gideon.  This is in CVS already and to
add a separate packageing system will look very confusing and disjointed.

AFAIK KDevelop 1.4 is frozen and should have no such modifications added.

-ian reinhart geiser

--
Fortune for the day: