command 'ISVALID' failed: Not supported when using OCSP validation for S/MIME

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jun 14 16:33:31 BST 2024

On Freitag, 14. Juni 2024 14:52:43 CEST Marco Moock wrote:
> If I enable OCSP checking for S/MIME in Kleopatra, the check fails and
> that affects software that uses the S/MIME certificates/keys.
>
> dirmngr[30845.5]: command 'ISVALID' failed: Nicht unterstützt
> 					    ^^^--> not
supported

> Is that an issue of gpgsm, Kleopatra or the client (Claws mail in this
> case)?

I had a quick look and found
---
GPG_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED
    This is commonly seen if OCSP support has not been enabled in the
configuration.
---
https://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Dirmngr-ISVALID.html

Is OCSP enabled in the configuration of dirmngr? I think there needs to be an
`allow‐ocsp` in dirmngr.conf. Maybe Kleopatra fails to enable it correctly.

The experts for this stuff can be reached via the gnupg-users mailing list.