Kmail causes many blank lines in Reply & Forward

Andrew Liberty libertytime at riseup.net
Sun Jun 2 17:04:51 BST 2024

Bonjour!

My email program KMail (version 5.19.3), running on a KUbuntu 22.04.4 LTS (Jammy), doubles the spaces after every paragraph in quoted messages, while replying or forwarding an email message. If an email is written back and forth several times, then the empty lines between paragraphs are so large that you can hardly follow the text.

How can I get rid of these unnecessary empty rows?

My settings in Composer - General - Format are:
☑️ Use smart quoting
☑️ Reply or forward using the same visual format as the original message
☑️ Improve plain text version of HTML message

My settings in Composer - Standard Templates are:
All on default!
Quote indicator: >

I have already experimented around and tried other settings - without success.
I also didn't find a solution on the Internet.

Can you please support me with this KMail issue?

Thank you!

--
Preserving Freedom and Liberty! 🗽
Andrew Liberty