email already read shows as unread when checking mail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 12:19:59 GMT 2024

On Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2024 09:29:11 CET Axel Braun wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 23:20:44 CET schrieb John White:
> > Thanks for the response. A hundred years ago I switched to imap  and hated
> > it.  I want to stay with pop3 but would be happy to change to postgresql
> > if I knew how.
>
> Switching to postgres is not rocket science, use your preferred search
> engine. Just be aware that each new major postgres version requires a
> manual database conversion, which are in the end of the day just 4 steps,
> but one has to take them. If you are on a 'stable' release, like Leap, it
> wont happen too often. On Tumbleweed, new postgres versions run in
> regularaly....

But you can keep using the old postgres version (if it's only used for
Akonadi). My Akonadi on Tumbleweed still uses PostgreSQL 11 although there's
also PostgreSQL 12-16 installed.

Akonadi tries to migrate the PostgreSQL database automatically. But that only
works if the necessary tools are installed. And one should always migrate from
one version to the following version.