SQLite to become default backend

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Oct 21 09:18:12 BST 2023

Martin Steigerwald - 21.10.23, 10:10:42 CEST:
> Björn Bidar - 21.10.23, 02:13:41 CEST:
[…]
> > > Anyway, Akonadi developers are indeed in the process to prepare for
> > > SQLite being default backend. One of the last steps was to replace
> > > Akonadi home-grown SQLite backend with a backend that calls into Qt
> > > SQLite backend.
> >
> > They don't use the Qt SQL backend as with the other databases?
>
> Well as I understood now they do, but they didn't before.

Akonadi

After more than a decade, we finally removed our custom fork of the Qt
SQLite driver from Akonadi. The fork was initially created to provide
better support for using SQLite from multiple threads, but SQLite itself
has matured over the years to a point that the custom code in the fork
isn't needed anymore, and so we can just use the upstream Qt SQLite
driver. This change is backwards compatible, so users don't need to take
any action or modify their configuration. This is yet another step towards
making SQLite the default backend for Akonadi.

https://kontact.kde.org/blog/2023/2023-09-01-kde-pim-july-august-2023/

Best,
--
Martin