SQLite to become default backend

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Oct 14 22:11:31 BST 2023

Björn Bidar - 14.10.23, 22:03:03 CEST:
> > - PostgreSQL => needs regular manual PostgreSQL cluster migration for
> > every major new version
>
> There is automation for this process that it can run without
> user intervention. Akonadi already does it.

Really?

I have never seen anything like this. I always did it manually.

Thanks for letting me know.

Anyway, Akonadi developers are indeed in the process to prepare for SQLite
being default backend. One of the last steps was to replace Akonadi home-
grown SQLite backend with a backend that calls into Qt SQLite backend.

--
Martin