Drafts

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 4 16:46:29 BST 2023

On Friday, 4 August 2023 16:28:35 BST Ianseeks wrote:
> On Friday, 4 August 2023 10:48:08 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Freitag, 4. August 2023 10:22:14 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> > > Is this how its supposed to work?
> > >
> > > I created an email and saved in Drafts, logged out to test something,
> > > logged back in and reopened the Draft email to add more text and saved
> > > it
> > > as Draft again.  It created a new Draft email rather than update the
> > > first one so now I have the original draft email and the updated one.
> > > I would have thought it should only save the updated one.
> >
> > When I open a draft (with double-click), then KMail removes it from the
> > Drafts folder. (And then it crashed. :/)
>
> It didn't crash on me last time in a way that was obvious.
> I left the first version of the file in drafts and tried to reproduce the
> problem by creating a new email and saving it in Drafts and then doubling
> clicking it to edit it and save it again.
> I was unable to reproduce my original problem but the very first first email
> draft file would sometimes appear and disappear from the folder list but i
> can't reproduce it.
> So now i have 3 emails in Draft, the first one, the test one and this one
> i'm writing. I closed Kmail, logged out and back in again and there were
> the 3 emails in Drafts.  I opened this one and the other 2 emails in Drafts
> disappeared.  I saved it again as a draft and its still now the only one in
> the folder.  I'll send it now and follow up with another email if the other
> 2 reappear in the Drafts folder.

I wrote another email and the 2 drafts reappeared.  They both seem to have a
status of being "Read" because the count of emails in the Drafts folder is
zero.  i would have thought the count of how many emails in a drafts folder
should always be the number of emails in the folder rather than a count of
unread emails.