Drafts

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 5 07:55:52 BST 2023

On Friday, 4 August 2023 19:19:48 BST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Freitag, 4. August 2023 17:46:29 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> > I wrote another email and the 2 drafts reappeared.  They both seem to have
> > a status of being "Read" because the count of emails in the Drafts folder
> > is zero.  i would have thought the count of how many emails in a drafts
> > folder should always be the number of emails in the folder rather than a
> > count of unread emails.
>
> Are there any files in one of the subfolders of
> ~/.local/share/local-mail/drafts/ ?

Nothing files but just empty cur, new and tmp folders.

> The number shown next to a folder is always the number of unread messages in
> this folder. What's special about drafts is that a draft is saved as
> unread, so that one sees more easily that there's still an unfinished mail
> in the Drafts folder. If you "read" such a mail, then it's marked as unread
> just as any other mail.
I thought Drafts would be an exception and just show a count of how many in
there because for me its not important to know if its read/unread.

> If you want to see the total number of mails, then
> you have to enable the Total column in the folder list.
Thanks, forgot about the extra columns you could have. Sizing the column to
suit is not great, you have to have it quite wide because if you try to shrink
the width to just get the heading "Total" the counts are lost

> Regards,
> Ingo

thanks for the help.
Do you know if/when a more feature rich reminder system will be available for
Kontact?

opensuse:tumbleweed:20230802
Qt: 5.15.10 KDE Frameworks: 5.108.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.27.7 - kwin 5.27.7
kmail2 5.23.3 (23.04.3) - akonadiserver 5.23.3 (23.04.3) - Kernel:  6.4.6-1-
default  - kernel-firmware-radeon  20230724