base-64 ignored

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri May 27 22:42:31 BST 2022

On Freitag, 27. Mai 2022 22:40:03 CEST gene heskett wrote:
> On Friday, 27 May 2022 14:23:26 EDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > * Find the base64 encoded body part that KMail doesn't display and
> > select it. What happens?
>
> The msg structure window shows only the plain text component. Nothing
> else.
>
> If the mime is supposed to be working, its not.
> The message I previously quoted from has been deleted but this one has at
> least 2 mimetypes I'll see if I can find all 4 part labels in the v
> display: first from the header,
> =_Part_121881756_1312323874.1653566590298"; charset="US-ASCII"

And there we have the problem. If a message consists of multiple body parts,
then the Content-Type should be multipart/* and in this case most likely
multipart/alternative. The Content-Type text/plain is clearly wrong.

> ------=_Part_121881756_1312323874.1653566590298
> which is interesting, only one end marker.

There should be only one end marker. It marks the end of the last body part.
The end of the first body part and, at the same time, the start of the second
body part is marked by the second boundary string.