Ghost emails

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu May 19 16:05:45 BST 2022

On Thursday, 19 May 2022 09:54:50 EDT rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 08:58:46 AM gene heskett wrote:
> > I do, I read nearly all mail from local folders on my own machine,
> > put in those local folders by kmails filters, although some do live
> > in the inbox. Probably 50 unclassifiable messages there, no problem
> > with them.
> Coming in from left field, but if you read most (all??) emails from
> local folders, have you ever (or ever considered) getting them with
> pop3 instead of imap?
>
> And then letting kmail put them in mbox folders?
>
> Or maybe the more modern versions of kmail don't support pop3 and|or
> mbox?  (I primarily use the kmail in Wheezy, sometimes that in
> Jessie).  And I know that you used to use TDE (or some part of it).
>
> Have a good day!
> .
tde has so far refused to install on bullseye without tearing down the
whole system. apt insists on tearing the system bown to the point of
needing a re-install. Not even a text shell left.

Which I have probably done 20+ times already.  Why? Because I didn't
unplug all usb stuff, I use wireless keyboards and mice. It assumes any
seriel adaptors found by the installer, and theres 2 here, 1 for heyu to
talk to its cm11a, and one to talk to a legacy computer in the basement,
are to be treated as a braile printer and all the drivers for that
installed and also installs a screen reader orca too, all without asking
the user if he wants that stuff during the install. But because that
stuff demands top priority, and orca has not learned english all that
well but thinks its better to run at 300% volume, its extremely
distracting to have it yelling out every keystroke. If I disable or try
to remove it after the install, it will not reboot, only re-install.
Right now I've managed to get it to reboot, but uptime is only 7 to 14
days maximum before something freezes me up, forceing a front panel power
switch reboot.

Right now I've managed to get 16 day and 17 hours uptime but my gfx is
getting nervous. A freezeup is in my immediate future.

I've no clue where debians famous stability has gone, but I sure don't
have even busters stability now.  Wheezy was a year at a boot, unless the
realtime kernel was updated. I have an rpi4b running 1500 lbs of 80 yo
Sheldon lathe. I building the rpi4b a realtime 4.19 kernel has locked
that against updates, the rpi4b has a small ups and I have a 20kw
autostart standby in the back yard so that pi's uptime running buster
from raspbian is in years unless I'm making somebody else an sd card with
a realtime kernel. The system is completely up to date as of yesterday.

Thank you rhkramer, take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis