Ghost emails

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Tue May 17 07:56:43 BST 2022

Hi

I've got this problem of ghost emails now on 2 different accounts.

https://paste.opensuse.org/9116165

The first account started and stopped happening on its own in 1 folder but the second one (see image) happened after in 2 folders (and a 3rd today after a shutdown and reboot) deleting akonadi folder to rebuild the database.  If i stayed in kmail, a new ghost email would be created every time the "check mail" happened and the "Unread" count increases, its basically a copy of one valid email in the folder.  With the frist account, I stopped copying itself when i closed kmail, logged out and back in again. But with the second account, its still duplicating 2 of the emails. You cannot select them to delete them in kmail.

I've tried looking in the Browser akonadiconsole to see if they appear there but only a few copies of the emails that are being duplicated and ghosted are shown. I deleted them in akonadiconsole and th unread count reduced by the same amount - i don't really know how to use akonadiconsole so it may just be down to my lack of knowledge on how to check properly.

https://paste.opensuse.org/93158087

Anyone have any clues?

regards

Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20220512
Qt: 5.15.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.93.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.24.5 - kwin 5.24.5