no changes here, but I am drowning in duplicates today

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon May 2 18:24:01 BST 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 08:17:30 EDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Montag, 2. Mai 2022 13:21:59 CEST gene heskett wrote:
> > No, all folders that have had activity since yesterday morning. If
> > one new msg has arrived at the server since yesterday, it is
> > duplicated every 5 minutes as the local imap is refreshed. 20 new
> > messages = 20 more dups every 5 minutes.
>
> Can you rule out that the "local imap" is producing the duplicates? How
> do you fill the local imap?
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

By syncing with the server at mailtoworld2, which is accessable by
browser at mail.shentel.net. The server itself has no duplicates and I
can delete them here, but a new duplicate is created here for every
message posted to the that server since yesterday morning. So it doesn't
take long when it adds 50 more dups to the local folder per every 5
minute scan it does to synch them. A duplicate message is created here
for every message that made it into my mailbox there since yesterday
morning, so it doesn't take long for a busy list to generate 400
duplicates just in that folder.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis