Kmail no longer downloads on start up

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 1 15:27:29 BST 2022

On Samstag, 30. April 2022 19:20:41 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> Seems kmail has lost the ability to download emails on startup and waits for
> the first delay between checks to happen before downloading new emails.
>
> Anyone else see this?

I'm not seeing this (using the same version on openSUSE Tumbleweed). But this
could be related to me having a few favorite folders which KMail seems to
check at startup. Other folders are not checked on startup, but that's because
I explicitly disabled this.

Note that you have to configure for each receiving account whether it should
be checked at startup. Check the "Retrieval Options" of the accounts.