Kmail no longer downloads on start up

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun May 1 15:18:53 BST 2022

Ianseeks - 30.04.22, 19:20:41 CEST:
> Seems kmail has lost the ability to download emails on startup and
> waits for the first delay between checks to happen before downloading
> new emails.
>
> Anyone else see this?

I did not see this so far. However I have KMail and Akonadi almost
running all of the time.

What I see, since a few years, that during download of mails from POP3
accounts it often enough pauses for a minute or even more before
continuing. I have no idea what Akonadi is doing at this time. There is
almost no CPU usage or anything like that.

I am not sure whether I reported this one as well. Currently I lost hope
on any improvement in that matter. So I cope with it, until I eventually
really have had enough and switch over decades of mail and appointments
and an address book, last one would be easiest to another software stack
that actually works reliably.

Best of success with figuring out what goes wrong in your case and to find
a solution.

Best,
--
Martin