KDE PIM, akonadi and home on nfs

Dirk Meier dirk.meier at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 20:42:45 GMT 2022

Hello,
because of problems with kmail I searched the net for akonadi and found some
threads about akonadi problems if /home is on nfs.
The threads I have found are some years old. The latest was of 2017, which
told akonadi on nfs is still fragile.

My system is OpenSuse Leap 15.3 and /home is on nfs on OpenSuse Leap 15.2
server.

At the beginning KDE-PIM works fine. But after my system crashed moved mails
in kmail returned to the original folder after system restart and file
indexing locks the system for hours.

Because of centralized backup I can't miss nfs.
So my question is if nowadays akonadi works stable with /home on nfs?
Or is there a workaround to become KDE-PIM stable with /home on nfs?

Regards
Dirk