Set domain part of Message-ID

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jul 29 08:52:17 BST 2022

Hi Ingo. Hi everyone.

Ingo Klöcker - 29.07.22, 00:16:28 CEST:
> On Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2022 16:33:13 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to set the domain part of the Message-ID KMail
> > generates?
> >
> > I tried standard domain setting for identity and hostname setting
> > for
> > standard SMTP transport.
> >
> > I thought I remember that somewhere there was an option for this.
>
> Grepping the source code of kmail for "messageid" I found it. (I guess
> I was lucky. It could have been hidden in one of the many
> dependencies of kmail.) Anyway, it's in the configuration dialog
> under Composer->Headers.

Thank you dearly.

That does the trick.

However… actually I think Message-Id should be per identity or per SMTP
resource. One domain does not fit all providers and possible SMTP
transports.

Configure Message-Id per identity or SMTP resource

https://bugs.kde.org/457263

as well as

Bug 457262 - Generate privacy-aware Message-Ids

https://bugs.kde.org/457262

Ciao,
--
Martin